If an independent school education features heavily on your wish list then you'll need a nest-egg in the region of £150,000 - the equivalent of small mortgage - per child, to cover private day school fees alone. Indeed some schools have introduced 'mortgage style' payment options for those who want an independent school education but can't afford the fees up front.
Factor in boarding education, at a top senior school, and £150k won't even cover the last five years. There are money saving possibilities of course - bursaries scholarships, fee plans...
Fortunately, paying for a private education, from finger painting to Freshers’ Week and beyond, is not the only option, with even the very wealthy oft choosing when to pay and where to save.
As we explain....
Find a School...
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- Universities: Sport success not as vital as it used to be
- Letters: Northern museums
- Letters: The complex causes of underachievement
- Letters: Changing schools into academies ? and back again
- Big ideas can be bad ideas ? even in the age of the thinktank | Mark Mazower
- Buckinghamshire village up in arms over location of new Sikh secondary school
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites