The exams merry-go-round
Walk into any bookshop and it's hard to believe Letts didn't introduce exams! A quick glance at the array of revision guides demonstrates the importance and emphasis now placed on assessing little Annie or Ahmed. For some parents, exams prove an occasion to swell with pride, as their child soars over the hurdles. Others seem to limp along, attempting to find a different way to cross the hurdle, dodge it, or not even getting an invitation to attempt it. However, we are told testing is designed to help spot problems and to allow children to be given appropriate help and support, so don't be despondent if your child doesn't fly first time, but do work with teachers and other professionals to help sort problems and difficulties.
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- AUDIO: School fails inspection on Islamic society
- 'Extremist risk' at Muslim schools
- Ladybird drops 'boys and girls' books
- Ofsted chief: pupils at east London faith schools at risk of radicalisation
- Embrace the arts, engineers told
- What university life is like on a 'forgotten' campus
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites