The exams merry-go-round
Walk into any bookshop and it's hard to believe Letts didn't introduce exams! A quick glance at the array of revision guides demonstrates the importance and emphasis now placed on assessing little Annie or Ahmed. For some parents, exams prove an occasion to swell with pride, as their child soars over the hurdles. Others seem to limp along, attempting to find a different way to cross the hurdle, dodge it, or not even getting an invitation to attempt it. However, we are told testing is designed to help spot problems and to allow children to be given appropriate help and support, so don't be despondent if your child doesn't fly first time, but do work with teachers and other professionals to help sort problems and difficulties.
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- Theresa May: don?t close the doors on international students
- Teach yourself ... five phrases in an endangered language - video
- Reindeer herders, an app and the fight to save a language
- Christmas Day in school: lunch with colleagues followed by a game of cricket
- Overcoming writer's block: three tips
- Christmas on campus: what are international students up to this year?
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites