Want an independent school education but can’t afford the fees?
It takes determination and hard work on your part, and exceptional abilities on the part of your child, to have a good chance of securing a high-value bursary.
The Good Schools Guide Advice Service now has a Scholarships and Bursaries Service - http://www.goodschoolsguide.co.uk/help-and-advice/consultancy-services/22847/scholarships-and-bursaries - which will guide you to the right financial support for your child.
Means testing means most scholarships are of little monetary value - a few per cent off the fees for the sake of an accolade and possibly a programme of activities designed to stretch bright young things, but that doesn't mean the deserving but needy will miss out...
Following rulings from The Charities Commission, an increasing number of schools are proposing to allocate more funds to those who would otherwise be unable to pay the fees.
The key is finding out what funds are available and whether your child might qualify but how?
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- Why we can't live without books - video and song by children
- Bereavement can overwhelm a student - and support is sparse
- Clever girls lack science confidence
- Self-confidence: the secret of success in modern Britain
- Girls lack self-confidence in maths and science problems, study finds
- Exam changes 'risk school problems'
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites