Find A School, Save And Compare
Use Find a School (right-hand-side) of most web pages) to quickly locate schools of interest.
If you are not sure which school, or where, try our
30,000 schools at your fingertips...
A remarkable search that lets you:
- Choose location
- Decide the distance you are prepared to travel.
- Limit to one local authority, choose a few or include all.
- Boarding or day or include both.
- Type of school - include only independent or only state or keep your options open by choosing to include both.
- Mainstream or special schools (for children with special educational needs) or include both.
- Select religions - multiple selections available.
- Girls, boys and/or coed?
- Ages -junior or senior? Or find schools that include the ages you require via the Adv Age tab.
- Reviewed? Select in Good Schools Guide - Yes - if you only want to include schools we have visited and independently reviewed.
- IB? Find schools that offer the IB or have other features such as: CReSTeD accreditation, Ofsted outstanding, play polo etc.
Displaying your selections
See your results:
- On a map and as a list
The map will display the schools listed. If you view 10 schools it will show the 10 schools, 40 schools it will show those 40 etc.
Don't worry about remembering which schools you have found - as long as you are logged in, you can simply save any schools of interest to My Schools. Schools in pink are reviewed by The Good Schools Guide - white ones are not.
About the school list view
If a distance shows it is the distance from the location you chose.
Reviewed = This school has been independently reviewed by The Good Schools Guide. Reviews are available to view if you are an online subscriber. The majority of reviews also feature in the printed guide.
Special Needs = This school has completed our SEN survey - it does not necessarily cater for special needs. The school's responses to the SEN survey are found on the SEN tab on the individual school pages.
Find out more = Click to go to the school's page on our website.
+My Schools = Save this school to one of my 'My School' lists - or create a list if you haven't already done so.
No need to write down your school choices...
Create and store schools in your own online 'My Schools' account
- Free to do and easy to use...
- But you must register with us - it's free
Simply follow these simple steps:
- Register/ log in if you haven't already done so
- Search for schools according to your personal criteria (see above)
- Click on the + My Schools button - for any school in list view or visit any school page and select from there (more below).
Creating 'My Schools' lists
More than one child? Searching different areas?
If you want multiple lists of schools - simply create a new list via "add to list" and save the school to one, or more, of your lists.
Remember to give each new list a unique name.
You can add a school to as many of your My School lists as you like - simply click on the relevant list(s).
Once added it's easy to remove a school as the +add becomes remove!
And of course you can add the school to any of your lists.
You can also go straight to My Schools to view all of your schools and, if you are a subscriber, compare them too. (You can compare English senior schools and English state junior schools - comparison facilities are not available for schools outside of England nor for English infant, prep and pre-prep schools).
You can also save a school to 'My Schools' from each individual school page
Go to any school's page to view or to compare schools in your 'My School' lists.
To create a new list simply click on new list and give the list a unique name.
Please note, only subscribers can compare schools. A subscription costs just £9.99 for one month or £39 for one year (equivalent to only £3.25 a month). Click to subscribe
Removing Schools From 'My Schools'
See above for removing individual schools. Alternatively, once a school is saved to one of your lists it will say 'Remove Saved'. Simply click on this and the school will be removed.
To remove all schools in a list go to view all my schools - select the list you want to remove then click on 'Remove All' - top rhs on the above image. (Unfortunately we have a slight glitch at the moment so the schools are removed but not the list name).
Viewing your saved 'My Schools'
You can view all your schools or select just one of your lists by clicking on the 'View All My Saved Schools' - or if you are logged in and a subscriber (see above) you can compare schools by clicking on the Compare 'My Saved Schools' link. Links are found on each individual school's pages.
Once you have created lists and saved schools to 'My Schools' you can easily access 'My Schools' at any time, via any web page. Simply select 'My Schools' (located below 'Shop Online and above the 'Find A School' box). Repeated schools simply show where a school is included in multiple lists.
Comparing 'My Schools'
You must be logged in and a subscriber with a current subscription to compare schools.
Simply follow the steps above to display your 'My Schools' lists or click on the compare 'My Schools' link found on each individual school's page (see above). Select KS2 (English state schools only), GCSE or A-level (English independent and state schools). Choose the values you wish to compare schools by. Click on any bubble on the graph for information.
We have a whole series of articles and advice to help you every step of the way; whether tentatively embarking on choosing a school, or part way through the school choice process.
For those new to the process:
For those visiting schools:
For those contemplating the admissions process:
Find a School...
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- Scared of the school gate? Just follow these few simple rules?
- Police investigate allegations of sex abuse at Catholic boarding school
- The nature of fame: the Lady Gaga professor who became a global star
- Student ball at Oxford University ends in 'catastrophe'
- Business and management studies
- Drama and dance
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites