Gap In The UK For Overseas Students
As UK youngsters venture overseas, so a good number of overseas students choose to spend their gap-year in the UK.
Companies vary in their competency and expertise and naturally, much depends on how you want to spend the year.
Several of the sites listed on Gap Year Sites, Links and Books, may help but two organisations in particular will help with placing overseas students in UK schools - as 'gappies' - for their gap year:
Tutors World-wide: run out of New Zealand, now handles gap placements for a large number of UK independent schools.
Lattitude Global Volunteering (formerly Gap Activity Projects): select 'If you are not from the UK', specify which country you are from, click on 'How do I apply' - and you will find a list of local representatives who can help.
Other than these two, there are a number of schools that select from the host of CVs sent in by hopeful students and the Incorporated Association of Preparatory Schools, the Headmasters' and Headmistresses' Conference (for senior schools), and the Scottish Council of Independent Schools seem to send lists of potential gappies to their schools.
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- Teacher workloads, grading lessons and failure to support SEN pupils
- What level apprentice are you? ? quiz
- 'Give heads time' to improve schools
- Private school refuses to readmit anorexic pupil because her presence would be 'too disruptive to the rest of the year group,' mother claims
- Universities and colleges risk losing right to sponsor foreign students
- World Book Day 2014: teachers don their finest fancy dress ? in pictures
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites