Article published 2nd June 2008
There are many schools within the UK for those with faith and their dominance of published league tables has led to an unprecedented rise in demand.
Like all schools they vary in quality but most enjoy good parental support - partly because they are less easy to get into than secular schools!
Faith schools control their own admissions and as such are in a better position to 'select by the back door'; choosing who they want and importantly who they don't want sitting at their desks.
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- Thousands of teenagers to visit battlefields of the First World War in new Government scheme
- Teenagers may perform better in lessons if they get a lie-in but teachers are morning people
- KidZania lets children try their hands at being a firefighter, doctor or factory worker for the day
- Education Secretary warns over huge salaries paid to heads
- Gladiators were 'mostly vegetarian'
- Police 'let down' abuse-risk children
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites