Best value grammar schools
We examined the value-added from KS2 to GCSE for 2009, 2010, and 2011 to see which state, selective grammar schools added the most value to their offspring.
A note of caution - the more highly selective a grammar school, the less scope there will be to add value.
Grammar School Value Added Table
Average value added is 1000. Values are averaged across 2009, 2010, 2011.
Click on a school name to find out more about the school.
This school has been independently researched, visited and reviewed by The Good Schools Guide. We have substantial data and performance information on all English Grammar schools. Data and reviews are only available to subscribers of this website.
* School intake is only partially selective. The figure in brackets indicates the percentage of pupils admitted to the school based on academic selection criteria for entry at ages 11 or 13. Where no figure shows the school is 100% selective. Sixth form admissions criteria may differ to that at ages 11 or 13.
Subscribe to the Good Schools Guide for just £3.25* a month when purchased as an annual subscription. A one month introductory subscription costs just £9.99
Subscribers will find detailed exam results and performance information on individual school pages. Visit these 'free to view' schools. Explore results - read our independent reviews*
Invicta Grammar School, Maidstone is a state school for girls aged from 11 to 18, co-ed sixth form
Rokeby School, Kingston upon Thames is an independent school for boys aged from 4 to 13
The Queen's Church of England Primary School, Richmond is a state school for boys and girls aged from 4 to 11
Swiss Cottage School Development & Research Centre, London is a state special school for boys and girls aged from 2 to 19
- School performance data* for KS2, GCSE and A-level
- Value-added data* .Does the school make a difference to all pupils or just some?
- University information*. Details of which universities pupils go on to and what they study.
- And, for English state schools, make sure you make the right move by examining catchment area data and seeing which schools pupils come from and which schools they move on to.
*We indicate on a school's page where data is available. We do not have data for schools outside of England.
School selection and admissions
The Good Schools Guide Advice Services
Our expert consultancy services provide independent tailor-made advice on schools at home and overseas. And now, introducing our new University Consultancy Service for students interested in applying to university at home or overseas. Click to find out more about all of our advice services.
Tutor and tutoring
Which Tutor Agency? Recommendations from The Good Schools Guide
A Note On Vetting and Checks - Safety first
Teach Your Child 11+ Maths - a job for an expert or can you lend a hand?
The Good Schools Guide
The perfect read for wholly unbiased reviews of good state grammar schools
Asks the questions you want answering, tells the truth!
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- Labour would extend child benefit cap
- Call to offer HPV vaccine to boys
- Oxford entry 'more transparent now'
- Bid to improve early years education
- 'Dead white men' make way for women at Oxford
- GCHQ employs more than 100 dyslexic and dyspraxic spies
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites