When it comes to choosing a state school, how do you work out what is hot and what is decidedly not?'Secondary modern', became synonymous with 'dustbin' and was unceremoniously dumped...
State schools exist not only in a variety of forms but with nuances between those. Some authorities continue to operate a selective system at 11 others do not. The early days of academies were dominated by failing schools closing then reopening as academies...but in recent times a number of top state schools have jumped ship to become academies - with all the freedoms and benefits they bestow...
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- 'Why Denmark? I wouldn't want to be a PhD student anywhere else'
- Five graduates helping the planet
- Poor state education in India threatens the futures of millions of children
- Obesity 'link to lower exam results'
- A poor Ofsted report could lead to headteachers being 'disappeared' | Dorothy Lepkowska
- Labour must stop being the anaemic patient and give us a clear vision | Fiona Millar
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites