Sandra Hutchinson, Editor of The Good Schools Guide - Special Educational Needs provides a practical introduction.
Some special needs are easy to spot, others are only determined once a child has experienced considerable difficulties, frustrations or social and emotional problems.
In the years since the first edition of our special needs guide diagnosis of, and provision for SEN have improved but both can still be a minefield. If you are unsure where to start, make this article your first port of call.
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- Parents 'worry more about teenagers than newborns'
- Alone in a crowd: young feel lonelier than elderly - study
- Did Tristram Hunt learn nothing from his private-school education?
- The Guardian view on private schools: time for them to give back in return for their tax breaks
- Degree apprenticeships launched
- Hi-tech rescue for an ancient language
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites