Sandra Hutchinson, Editor of The Good Schools Guide - Special Educational Needs provides a practical introduction.
Some special needs are easy to spot, others are only determined once a child has experienced considerable difficulties, frustrations or social and emotional problems.
In the years since the first edition of our special needs guide diagnosis of, and provision for SEN have improved but both can still be a minefield. We have a lot of help and advice on this site but if you are unsure where to start, make this article your first port of call.
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- Primary school may have to serve pub sandwiches to meet free meals pledge
- Exclusive: Nearly 2,000 families still without school places for their children
- MP urges UCL to stamp out forced labour on Qatar campus
- Summery recipes to banish the rainy-day blues
- How I used the Ferguson riots to teach racial equality in school
- Many areas 'lack out-of-school care'
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites