Sandra Hutchinson, Editor of The Good Schools Guide - Special Educational Needs provides a practical introduction.
Some special needs are easy to spot, others are only determined once a child has experienced considerable difficulties, frustrations or social and emotional problems.
In the years since the first edition of our special needs guide diagnosis of, and provision for SEN have improved but both can still be a minefield. If you are unsure where to start, make this article your first port of call.
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- Nicky Morgan calls for Ofqual U-turn on scrapping science practicals
- The Guardian view on Syriza?s Essex connection
- VIDEO: Academies: The pupils' view
- Main parties have ?no answer to lack of social mobility in schools?
- Black and Asian school-leavers more likely to go to university than their white peers
- Norfolk schools inspections 'fair'
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites