Sandra Hutchinson, Editor of The Good Schools Guide - Special Educational Needs provides a practical introduction.
Some special needs are easy to spot, others are only determined once a child has experienced considerable difficulties, frustrations or social and emotional problems.
In the years since the first edition of our special needs guide diagnosis of, and provision for SEN have improved but both can still be a minefield. We have a lot of help and advice on this site but if you are unsure where to start, make this article your first port of call.
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- My youth isnt a drawback its the reason Id make a good MP
- You've got a law degree, but will you make a good lawyer?
- First Aid Kit harmonise with pupils
- I spy with my little eye?.?.?. someone on the spectrum
- Choosing a secondary school: a teacher's guide for parents
- Children 'failed in early years'
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites