The Good Schools Guide - Special Educational Needs 2008
"Practical, fearless, frank, sympathetic and lively, this guide is exactly what has been needed for a very long time."
Nick Hornby, best selling author of ‘High Fidelity’ and ‘About a Boy’
- Is your child struggling at school?
- Do they have, or do you suspect they have, a special educational need a learning difference or difficulty?
- Do you want to encourage their talents, work on their difficulties?
- Are you in need of friendly help and advice?
Upbeat, informative, empowering
The Good Schools Guide – Special Educational Needs is the ideal resource for parents and teachers alike.
"Its pages contain a great deal of interesting information, good sense and valuable advice…I liked the way it spoke to me. It has jokes, it is cheerful. It is written by parents and has a parent-friendly attitude." TES Extra for Special Needs.
Rooted in personal experience with children, parents, teachers and experts writing on SEN, The Guide:
- Advises on schools, education, schooling and beyond
- Features in-depth reviews of mainstream and special schools, each independently visited and reviewed
- Comprehensively describes the SEN system
- Details the various SEN diagnoses from ADHD to dyslexia
- Explains how to navigate the SEN system
The Good Schools Guide - Special Educational Needs is edited by Sandra Hutchinson and published by Lucas Publications. Price £22.95 + p&p.
Helps you help your child
Alternatively why not subscribe to The Good Schools Guide, most of the information in the book is available online. There is a substantial discount for anyone subscribing and buying the book.
Find a School...
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- What is the future of technology in education?
- IMF entering university market
- Poor pupil cash 'plugging budgets'
- University offers 'ignore context'
- Universities urged to sponsor free schools specialising in maths
- God vow dropped from Guides' promise
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites