Autism - a lifelong condition
With grateful thanks to the National Autistic Society for their help in compiling this article.
All people with Autistic Spectrum Difficulties (ASD) have some degree of social and communication difficulties. Autism is a lifelong developmental disability. Some people have accompanying learning disabilities, others have average or above-average intelligence.
Those most severely affected by ASD will benefit from the use of a specialised programme such as those offered by TEACCH or ABA/VB. Some at the extremes of the spectrum may cope well with the demands of academic study - including at the very highest levels.
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- The talented students denied funding
- Morgan urges Muslims to become school governors after Trojan horse
- Talk of some jobs as like being on the scrapheap demeans us all
- 328 ?failed? teachers in classrooms educating children
- Students 'offered money for photos of 'Jihadi John' Halloween costumes'
- Teacher resigns after sticking tape to child's mouth
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites