Autism - a lifelong condition
With grateful thanks to the National Autistic Society for their help in compiling this article.
Autism is a lifelong developmental disability affecting the way a person communicates and relates to people around them. Some people have accompanying learning disabilities, others have average or above-average intelligence.
All have some degree of social and communication difficulties.
Those most severely affected will benefit from the use of a specialised programme such as those offered by TEACCH or ABA/VB a few at the extremes of the spectrum, may cope well with the demands of academic study, some at the very highest levels.
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- A peculiar sort of debt
- University Clearing: what we learned from the process last year
- Schools' fight against 'perfectionism' in pupils
- Schools tackle 'perfectionism' in pupils
- Employers prefer 'soft' skills
- What you said: the term-time holidays debate
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites