For some children a tutor is essential as they are off school with a long-term health problem. Occasionally, families who are travelling for an extended period take a tutor with them to keep junior’s brain ticking over. Others need someone to maintain schoolwork during a difficult period – an exclusion or a family break-up. School-aged film stars have their own tutors who keep them up to speed in between takes.
Tony Blair supplemented all his children’s state school education with a bit of home help.
But when, and how, should you give your child a helping hand?
Find a School...
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- Letters: Northern museums
- Letters: The complex causes of underachievement
- Letters: Changing schools into academies ? and back again
- Big ideas can be bad ideas ? even in the age of the thinktank | Mark Mazower
- Buckinghamshire village up in arms over location of new Sikh secondary school
- Songwriting courses: a path into the music industry?
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites