As with most reports, there’s a code to decipher and a few questions to ask. The local school gets a glowing report, yet you know half the population are banned from the shopping centre. Puzzling?
So just what do inspection reports tell us and have they any value? The answers are lots, and yes, if you know how to read them. Each section is headed and graded:
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- Undersea explorer Bob Ballard elected to the Academy of Arts and Sciences
- Chalk Talk: Sums don't add up at Association of Teachers and Lecturers conference
- The online lifeline: How a housing association's remarkable educational initiative gave hope to tenant battling long-term illness and depression
- Anthony Seldon to retire as headmaster of Wellington
- 70 per cent of free schools not filled two years after opening, Labour claims
- Tried and tested: how schools can learn lessons from evidence-based research
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites