If you go down to the woods today, you’re in for a big surprise – if the trees in question are attached to your local state primary school, that is. They’re vanishing fast, as are dipping ponds and grassy play areas, gone to make way for extra classrooms. In some schools now children go up, rather than out at break time, onto rooftop playgrounds.
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- Thousands of teenagers to visit battlefields of the First World War in new Government scheme
- Teenagers may perform better in lessons if they get a lie-in but teachers are morning people
- KidZania lets children try their hands at being a firefighter, doctor or factory worker for the day
- Education Secretary warns over huge salaries paid to heads
- Gladiators were 'mostly vegetarian'
- Police 'let down' abuse-risk children
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites