As with most reports there’s a code to decipher and a few questions to ask.
The local school gets a glowing report, yet you know half the population are banned from the shopping centre. Mothers with young children dodge the area, avoiding it altogether at dropping off and kicking out times.
Oh and then there’s the rumours about teachers being attacked, drugs, knives – just rumours, yet last year’s local primary year 6 pupils all opted for a school a tricky bus ride away. Puzzling?
So just what do inspection reports tell us and have they any value? The answers are lots and yes - if you know how to read between the lines too.
Find a School...
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- Tuition fee 'could be cut to £6,000'
- Warning on poor school swimming
- More than a million primary schoolchildren unable to swim, says major survey
- Majority of parents believe sex education should be compulsory in secondary schools, YouGov poll reveals
- Outcry from Chicago teachers as city votes to close 50 schools
- Letters: Engineering can be as inspiring as space
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites