As with most reports there’s a code to decipher and a few questions to ask.
The local school gets a glowing report, yet you know half the population are banned from the shopping centre. Mothers with young children dodge the area, avoiding it altogether at dropping off and kicking out times.
Oh and then there’s the rumours about teachers being attacked, drugs, knives – just rumours, yet last year’s local primary year 6 pupils all opted for a school a tricky bus ride away. Puzzling?
So just what do inspection reports tell us and have they any value? The answers are lots and yes - if you know how to read between the lines too.
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- 'Why Denmark? I wouldn't want to be a PhD student anywhere else'
- Five graduates helping the planet
- Poor state education in India threatens the futures of millions of children
- Obesity 'link to lower exam results'
- A poor Ofsted report could lead to headteachers being 'disappeared' | Dorothy Lepkowska
- Labour must stop being the anaemic patient and give us a clear vision | Fiona Millar
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites