Gifted children are not ‘young Einsteins’ or geniuses in the making but children with above average intelligence who have the capacity to achieve well at school.
Gifted children have a great thirst for knowledge and it is vital that this need is recognised as early as possible so that parents and teachers can give them plenty of opportunities to develop their talents.
Characteristics of a gifted child
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- Government plan to expand preschools to accept two-year-olds attacked as 'nonsensical'
- Students: recipes to impress your housemates with
- Missed opportunities: why the new literacy and numeracy strategy is flawed
- Removing the cap on student numbers six questions answered
- Don't overlook your school librarian, they're the unsung heroes of literacy
- University reforms 'will lead to surge in students from EU'
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites