'The age of transfer to independent senior school is typically 13 but some schools will not accept registrations for those older than 10 which means the search has to begin when a child is only 8 years of age!'
Confused? Do you need to navigate schools and schooling?
Work out what to do when with our "Learning Tree", this beautifully illustrates both
the state school and independent school systems in England.
Use in conjunction with From Embryo to 18 - How To Survive The Education Highway which explains what to do, when.
Click on sections of the enlarged image below - such as the 'Common Entrance Owl'- or 'State cloud' (or on any of the tabs underneath the illustration). These will take you directly to information and advice on that topic.
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- How Future Hacks technology seeks to make city life better in just 48 hours
- Music internships: 'no pay' doesn't have to mean exploitation
- Harry Burns: 'We need compassion, not judgments about poor people' | Peter Hetherington
- Teachers 'need clearer online rules'
- Obese girls are a grade behind classmates
- Crops to classrooms: how school farms are growing student engagement
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites