We think you'll love our
this beautifully illustrates both
the state school and independent school systems in England.
Use in conjunction with From Embryo to 18 - How To Survive The Education Highway which explains what to do, when.
For example the age of transfer to independent senior school is typically at age 13 but some schools will not accept registrations for those older than 10 which means the search has to begin when a child is only aged 8!
Click on sections of the enlarged image below
- such as the 'Common Entrance Owl'- or 'State cloud' (or on any of the tabs underneath the illustration). These will take you directly to information and advice on that topic.
Find a School...
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- Scared of the school gate? Just follow these few simple rules?
- Police investigate allegations of sex abuse at Catholic boarding school
- The nature of fame: the Lady Gaga professor who became a global star
- Student ball at Oxford University ends in 'catastrophe'
- Business and management studies
- Drama and dance
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites