Latest Exam Data
Where do I find individual school exam results and performance information?
Subscribers will find detailed exam results and performance information on individual school pages. Visit these 'free to view' schools. Explore results - read our independent reviews*
Ripon Grammar School - state boarding school
The Lady Eleanor Holles School - independent girls school
South Farnham Primary School - state co-ed school
Exam data and results for English senior schools
KS2 data is available for English state junior schools, GCSE and A level data for English senior schools
For individual schools, subscribers get the inside track on:
Is this a good school for a child like mine?
- How well a school performs.
- Which schools do best by the brightest, the average or below average child.
- Who adds the most value.
- Which schools a particular school recruits from and where children move onto.
- The universities sixth-formers go on to and the courses they follow.
- The types of courses available - just GCSEs and A-levels or vocational, IB Pre-U and other options?
- What subjects are popular at a school and where the best results are.
Value added to pupil performance by the school
Even good schools can have weak links - great results can mask a poor showing in an individual subject or department - make sure it isn't a subject that matters to your child. If it is an English state school you can even see the value a school adds to its intake.
For examples of the university information we carry please see University Entrance Data.
The qualifications pupils take
The subjects - how popular they are, how successul and how well boys and girls perform in each
Using this site
Can I compare schools' performance?
Yes. You can find schools, save and compare
Compare via 6 of the best (located on the home page - compare all schools )
'My Schools' for your shortlisted school.
You must be a subscriber to compare schools though any registered user can create and save lists of schools in My Schools. Click here to view a video of how to compile a list of schools to compare - or see below:
Subscribers can compare school performance. Simply:
- Log in
- Select schools of interest (use Find A School)
- Save schools of interest to any one of your 'My Schools' lists - or create a brand new list
- Compare your chosen schools or save for later. You can access 'My Schools' at anytime from the 'My Schools' menu on the home page (see opposite).
- Select the 'View All Saved Schools' link within My Saved Schools
- You should now have a list view of all saved schools - click on the 'Compare' button. This enables subscribers to compare English state schools at KS2, GCSE and A level as applicable and English independent senior schools at GCSE, A level and equivalent. NB Data is only available for English schools.There is no data available fo English independent prep schools.
You have a short-list of schools - now what?
If you are a subscriber, you can compare the schools via 'My Schools' to see which school ticks the right boxes for you.
Can I find the best schools for economics and biology at A-level?
Yes, if you are a subscriber you can either:
- Use 'My Schools' (see above) to find the best performing schools from your selection or
- Use 'Six of the Best' (located on the home page) - which ranks schools according to the criteria - you choose.
Where can I find general information about the curriculum and exams?
We carry a number of features on exams and league tables in the Help & Advice section including a dedicated Curricula and Exams section.
What is the difference betwen registration and subscription
Registration is free and allows you to comment on schools and articles , sign-up for our helpful newsletters with advice and guidance on choosing schools and to use 'My Schools' to create and save lists of schools. If you sign up for our monthly newsletter you can download - for free - the very handy 'Good Schools Guide To Tutors'
A subscription allows you to access results, data and catchment maps on schools and to compare schools. It also gives access to the 1100+ unique, lively, independently written reviews of hand-picked, good state and independent schools.
Subscriptions represent excellent value and cost just £39 for one year - the equivalent of only £3.25 a month or £9.99 for one month. You choose the subscription you prefer. Please note - if you wish to continue your subscription beyond the one month or one year purchased, you must actively re-purchase - we do not operate a rolling subscription.
A subscription gives you access to the 1200 school reviews. We do not review all schools - you can use Find A school to search specifically for schools we review. Reviewed schools have a 'Reviewed' button.
Find a School...
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- Bring the unseen children into the spotlight
- Ofsted: 'Unseen children' need the best teachers
- School librarian finds fake Blake
- Ofsted chief calls for troubleshooters in schools failing poor children
- Schools chief Sir Michael Wilshaw: Use the best teachers to help failing schools
- 'Invisible' poor children let down
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites