The statutory guidance on inclusive schooling that exists for all state schools and nurseries for children with SEN in England doesn't apply to schools in other parts of the UK (they have their own guidance) or those in the independent sector, who can please themselves.
However, fears of future litigation mean independent schools are beginning to take special needs very seriously and many will follow the guidelines or similar.
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- Hunt to warn of schools extremism
- Shadow education secretary warns against religious extremism in schools
- Teachers to vote on strike motion
- Poorer pupils forced to drop arts subjects due to the costs of studying
- A quarter of teachers bring food into school to help hungry pupils
- Frilly socks? They're too dangerous for school
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites