The statutory guidance on inclusive schooling that exists for all state schools and nurseries for children with SEN in England doesn't apply to schools in other parts of the UK (they have their own guidance) or those in the independent sector, who can please themselves.
However, fears of future litigation mean independent schools are beginning to take special needs very seriously and many will follow the guidelines or similar.
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- The Raspberry Pi computer ? how a bright British idea took flight
- More than 70 arrested at rowdy student celebration in Massachusetts
- Oxford Parkway station will lead to rise in house prices and commuter numbers
- Free school meals 'will be on time'
- Teacher shows sex tape featuring herself to pupils during class by mistake
- We need long-sighted and informed politicians in the technology debate
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites