The statutory guidance on inclusive schooling that exists for all state schools and nurseries for children with SEN in England doesn't apply to schools in other parts of the UK (they have their own guidance) or those in the independent sector, who can please themselves.
However, fears of future litigation mean independent schools are beginning to take special needs very seriously and many will follow the guidelines or similar.
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- Universities UK withdraws advice on gender segregation in lectures
- Failing free school ordered to close
- Campus quiz: what did students get up to this year?
- Grandfather, 90, graduates with PhD
- Cameron joins campus segregation row
- The Reluctant Vampire, by Eric Morecambe review
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites