The statutory guidance on inclusive schooling that exists for all state schools and nurseries for children with SEN in England doesn't apply to schools in other parts of the UK (they have their own guidance) or those in the independent sector, who can please themselves.
However, fears of future litigation mean independent schools are beginning to take special needs very seriously and many will follow the guidelines or similar.
Find a School...
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- School librarian finds fake Blake
- Ofsted chief calls for troubleshooters in schools failing poor children
- Schools chief Sir Michael Wilshaw: Use the best teachers to help failing schools
- 'Invisible' poor children let down
- End of the pier to dreaming spires
- Xbox One: Microsoft abandons controversial DRM restrictions
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites