Leighton Primary School, Crewe has high levels of deprivation but low levels of SEN. Their aim is not just 'every child a reader' but to help all children discover the joy of reading and develop a life-long love of the written word.
'In reception, phonics work begins in earnest. Phonological awareness and language proficiency are needed to develop decoding and phonics skills but a child will struggle to develop phonological awareness skills if language has not developed...'
As part of her work helping The Good Schools Guide support Dyslexia Action, Sandra Hutchinson visited Leighton Primary School to uncover the secrets of its success.
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- The talented students denied funding
- Morgan urges Muslims to become school governors after Trojan horse
- Talk of some jobs as like being on the scrapheap demeans us all
- 328 ?failed? teachers in classrooms educating children
- Students 'offered money for photos of 'Jihadi John' Halloween costumes'
- Teacher resigns after sticking tape to child's mouth
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites