The statutory guidance on inclusive schooling that exists for all state schools and nurseries for children with SEN in England doesn't apply to schools in other parts of the UK (they have their own guidance) or those in the independent sector, who can please themselves.
However, fears of future litigation mean independent schools are beginning to take special needs very seriously and many will follow the guidelines or similar.
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- Ofsted head Sir Michael Wilshaw takes charge of Birmingham ?Islamist? schools inquiry
- Joint strikes by major teaching unions unlikely
- Teachers to boycott new 'baseline' test for infants
- Teachers consider boycott over testing of four-year-olds
- Teachers complain about behaviour of Ofsted inspectors investigating 'plot'
- Ofsted chief to take charge of probe into Islamic school plot
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites