The statutory guidance on inclusive schooling that exists for all state schools and nurseries for children with SEN in England doesn't apply to schools in other parts of the UK (they have their own guidance) or those in the independent sector, who can please themselves.
However, fears of future litigation mean independent schools are beginning to take special needs very seriously and many will follow the guidelines or similar.
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- 'Why Denmark? I wouldn't want to be a PhD student anywhere else'
- Five graduates helping the planet
- Poor state education in India threatens the futures of millions of children
- Obesity 'link to lower exam results'
- A poor Ofsted report could lead to headteachers being 'disappeared' | Dorothy Lepkowska
- Labour must stop being the anaemic patient and give us a clear vision | Fiona Millar
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites