How do you decide what type of school or level of SEN provision is right for your child?
As mainstream schools cater for an ever increasing range of special educational needs (SEN) fewer children with SEN attend special schools. Many mainstream schools are catering for more complex special needs cases but some have reached the limits of what they can provide, without prejudicing the needs of all children.
What is important is that school type and the continuum of provision should be considered on a case by case and needs basis.
Sandra Hutchinson, editor of The Good Schools Guide - Special Educational Needs, examines the options.
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- Mental health cuts 'risk lives'
- 'Skills vacuum' warning from CBI
- MPs warn over care homes 'far away'
- Shanghai teachers flown in for maths
- Women with partners have lower risk of dying of heart disease
- Class struggle at rehomed Women's Library | @guardianletters
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites