Sandra Hutchinson, Editor of The Good Schools Guide - Special Educational Needs provides a practical introduction.
Some special needs are easy to spot, others are only determined once a child has experienced considerable difficulties, frustrations or social and emotional problems.
In the years since the first edition of our special needs guide diagnosis of, and provision for SEN have improved but both can still be a minefield. We have a lot of help and advice on this site but if you are unsure where to start, make this article your first port of call.
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- Labour would extend child benefit cap
- Call to offer HPV vaccine to boys
- Oxford entry 'more transparent now'
- Bid to improve early years education
- 'Dead white men' make way for women at Oxford
- GCHQ employs more than 100 dyslexic and dyspraxic spies
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites