Sandra Hutchinson, Editor of The Good Schools Guide - Special Educational Needs provides a practical introduction.
Some special needs are easy to spot, others are only determined once a child has experienced considerable difficulties, frustrations or social and emotional problems.
In the years since the first edition of our special needs guide diagnosis of, and provision for SEN have improved but both can still be a minefield. If you are unsure where to start, make this article your first port of call.
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- Edinburgh University offers online football course
- Christian school 'downgraded for failing to invite an imam to lead assembly'
- Exclusive: Taxpayers footed £1m bill for free schools that never opened
- Sir Ian McKellen's epic exam advice to Chew Valley students
- Standardised testing suppresses intellectual leadership and lets some students coast
- Schools 'given more powers to enrol two-year-olds'
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites