Sandra Hutchinson, Editor of The Good Schools Guide - Special Educational Needs provides a practical introduction.
Some special needs are easy to spot, others are only determined once a child has experienced considerable difficulties, frustrations or social and emotional problems.
In the years since the first edition of our special needs guide diagnosis of, and provision for SEN have improved but both can still be a minefield. If you are unsure where to start, make this article your first port of call.
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- I never doubted my decision to send home 200 pupils for uniform breaches
- Tories planning major overhaul of 'unwieldy' Ofsted
- University funding reform ?will cause brain drain? to London
- From the Moon to mongooses, crowdfunding rescues science research
- Heroes of 2014: Danielle George, the scientist encouraging kids to take things apart
- Should I take an online language course ? or go to my local college?
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites