Autism - a lifelong condition
With grateful thanks to the National Autistic Society for their help in compiling this article.
All people with Autistic Spectrum Difficulties (ASD) have some degree of social and communication difficulties. Autism is a lifelong developmental disability. Some people have accompanying learning disabilities, others have average or above-average intelligence.
Those most severely affected by ASD will benefit from the use of a specialised programme such as those offered by TEACCH or ABA/VB. Some at the extremes of the spectrum may cope well with the demands of academic study - including at the very highest levels.
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- The school that's 'too British'
- Texas finally approves history textbooks amid religious and political concerns
- ?Radicalisation risk? at six Muslim schools in London
- The Ofsted report about my former school is way off the mark
- VIDEO: 'Extremist risk' at Muslim schools
- Chinese maths teachers help English pupils make the grade
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites