Autism - a lifelong condition
With grateful thanks to the National Autistic Society for their help in compiling this article.
All people with Autistic Spectrum Difficulties (ASD) have some degree of social and communication difficulties. Autism is a lifelong developmental disability. Some people have accompanying learning disabilities, others have average or above-average intelligence.
Those most severely affected by ASD will benefit from the use of a specialised programme such as those offered by TEACCH or ABA/VB. Some at the extremes of the spectrum may cope well with the demands of academic study - including at the very highest levels.
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- 'More teachers leave in first year'
- Are you a shy student?
- Four in 10 new teachers 'quit within a year,' union warns
- Teacher banned for life after getting schoolgirl to sign 'sex slave contract'
- Q: What makes Finnish teachers so special? A: It?s not brains
- Universities need to plug into threat of cyber-attacks
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites