For some children a tutor is essential as they are off school with a long-term health problem. Occasionally, families who are travelling for an extended period take a tutor with them to keep junior’s brain ticking over. Others need someone to maintain schoolwork during a difficult period – an exclusion or a family break-up. School-aged film stars have their own tutors who keep them up to speed in between takes.
Tony Blair supplemented all his children’s state school education with a bit of home help.
But when, and how, should you give your child a helping hand?
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- If you talk to the locals in their language, you understand their needs
- So you want to work in fashion?
- Element of the week: ununpentium | @GrrlScientist
- Sexism in schools, breaking admissions rules and supporting students with tourettes
- Editorial: England rugby selectors pick South African: From the archive, 6 December 1933
- Unfair criticism | @guardianletters
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites