For some children a tutor is essential as they are off school with a long-term health problem. Occasionally, families who are travelling for an extended period take a tutor with them to keep junior’s brain ticking over. Others need someone to maintain schoolwork during a difficult period – an exclusion or a family break-up. School-aged film stars have their own tutors who keep them up to speed in between takes.
Tony Blair supplemented all his children’s state school education with a bit of home help.
But when, and how, should you give your child a helping hand?
Find a School...
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- Video games (for promoting science) | Dean Burnett
- Personal statement: 'good English' beats extra-curricular activities on university applications
- What is the future of technology in education?
- IMF entering university market
- Poor pupil cash 'plugging budgets'
- University offers 'ignore context'
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites