It’s the time of year when parents are on tenterhooks, waiting to hear if their children have passed the 11 plus and clinched a prized place at a selective secondary school.
The 11 plus is still used in both the state and independent sectors. While much of the country abolished the 11 plus several decades ago a few local authorities – including Buckinghamshire, Kent, Birmingham, North Yorkshire and some London boroughs – still use it for their (highly competitive) grammar school entry.
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- Wright quits Labour but not PCC role
- Could a later start to the school day be the most useful educational reform of all?
- ?No proof? free schools improve performance
- Shadow Universities Minister Liam Byrne floats university-business partnerships
- Bullying at school 'damages future career prospects'
- Nigeria closes schools over Ebola
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites