For some children a tutor is essential as they are off school with a long-term health problem. Occasionally, families who are travelling for an extended period take a tutor with them to keep junior’s brain ticking over. Others need someone to maintain schoolwork during a difficult period – an exclusion or a family break-up. School-aged film stars have their own tutors who keep them up to speed in between takes.
Tony Blair supplemented all his children’s state school education with a bit of home help.
But when, and how, should you give your child a helping hand?
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- We won't be bullied into allowing our university to be privatised | Michael Segalov
- Gove in a dither over Kent's 'supergrammars'
- Secret Teacher: do they know it's Christmas?
- Enterprising primary pupils run shop
- School league tables: 700 primaries 'failing to hit targets'
- Good to meet you ? Mandeep Sidhu
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites