The Good Schools Guide is once again partnering with the Independent Schools Show in order to help parents find the best school for their child.
Building up to the annual London event - now postponed to 24-25 April 2021 - we are delighted to be co-presenting a series of online events, each one dealing with key questions relating to independent schools. The Good Schools Guide Parents Forum is organised by the Independent Schools Show in partnership with The Good Schools Guide.
The Return to Boarding Schools
Wednesday 15 July 2020 10.30am – 11.30am
Starting at boarding school is always a big event. The transition from living at home to living at school after extended lockdown raises new challenges.
This online event, organised with the Independent Schools Show, is designed to help British and international parents prepare their children to return or start at boarding school this autumn. It will also cover how schools are handling admissions.
- The re-opening of UK boarding schools;
- How to prepare your child this for the return to school;
- Safety and guidelines for pupils & staff;
- How quarantining will work;
- How admissions are working - virtual open days, deadlines, interviews & assessments.
- Speakers are Grace Moody-Stuart, director of The Good Schools Guide Education Consultants, Julia Harrington, Headmistress of Queen Anne’s, Caversham and Ben Evans, Headmaster elect, Windlesham House School
Choosing a London School
Tuesday, 29 September 2020 10.30am – 11.30am
London is one of the most cutthroat education markets on the planet. Each year, thousands of families vie for places at one of the capital’s many sought-after independent schools. This competition has driven up standards and, in contrast to the rest of the country, has seen new schools open in recent years. When you also include the high-performing state schools, navigating the range of schooling options available to London parents can prove to be an unenviable task.
This online event, organised with the Independent Schools Show, is designed to help parents living in (or moving to) the capital deal with the extra pressures and complexities in finding a London school.
- The range in academic levels;
- Provision of sport and facilities in urban environment;
- Open days and school visits;
- How to plan for registration, admissions;
- Entrance exams and assessment;
- Grace Moody-Stuart, director of The Good Schools Guide Education Consultants, will be in discussion with headteachers of leading London independent schools.
Researching Schools Online
Wednesday, TBD October 2020
Online event – Registration not yet open
Choosing a school is a process of elimination. It is important to see several schools so that you can imagine your child in those settings and to enable you to prioritise your wish list. However, when researching school options, it is not always be possible to visit when you would like and so making best use of the wealth of information you can access via the internet becomes essential.
This online event, organised with the Independent Schools Show, is designed to inform parents of the best ways to research schools without visiting.
- What does a school’s website tell you about the school?
- Emailing the school;
- Exam results and league tables;
- Virtual tours and online open days;
- Using social media;
- Online guides;
- Melanie Sanderson, Managing Editor of The Good Schools Guide, will be in discussion with leading lights in the UK independent education sector.