Many parents need help in finding the best schools for their children. This collaboration with clients is at the heart of The Good Schools Guide Education Consultants.
What do we do?
You tell us about your child - or children. You tell us about your family - your location, commute, budget, education preferences - anything that matters to you where your family or education is concerned. We then set to work for you to find the best possible schools for your family.
Whatever your requirements, we can help you in your search for the best possible schools.
We keep our fees as low as possible and level of fee is based on the amount of time a consultant needs to give the best possible service to each family. Therefore, The Classic School Search is best suited to:
- UK-based families with one or two children with no special needs (see our SEN Service for any SEN concerns)
- New parents planning primary education from scratch
- UK families based here or overseas, who are familiar with UK education, but who need help with finding an appropriate school for their child.
- Families where the child speaks, reads and learns in English
- Families - in the UK or overseas - who need help with identifying the best Online Learning programmes for their children
How does it work?
Our administrator takes your initial enquiry – whether by email or telephone.
Then – after discussion with the Director of the Service – she matches you with the most appropriate education consultant from our team. The administrator takes your credit card details but no money is taken until you and your consultant have agreed that the consultancy should go ahead.
You and your consultant make contact – usually by phone, email or Skype. You tell your consultant exactly what it is you need, you ask any questions you like. Once you agree that the consultancy will go ahead, your consultant informs the administrator who sends you a confirmation of what you have agreed to and alerts you that the fee will be deducted from your credit card.
Your consultant will set to work for you, will keep you informed of progress and will respond to any further thoughts or questions you may have. She will let you have the results of her research and you may ask any questions you like until you have the place you seek.
Your education consultant may suggest an assessment. This can serve various purposes but principally:
- i) to help you judge how your child would fare in competitive entrance examinations.
- ii) to help your consultant judge the type of school which will best suit your child.
- Click here for more information about assessments.
How much does it cost?
The fee for The Good Schools Guide Classic School Search is £1250. This covers approximately seven and a half hours of one-to-one consultation, individualised research, report, feedback and follow-up after school visits, offers etc.
Occasionally, especially if requirements change, the consultant may exceed the seven and a half hours allowed for the Classic School Search. In such cases, she or the administrator will inform you and ask whether you wish her to continue the work. Additional research and consultation is charged at £150 per hour.
Your child – nothing matters more