Contact us +44 203 286 6824 or firstname.lastname@example.org
An education consultants service for families looking for the best London school for their children.
This service is designed for families who are either:
i) moving to London from overseas or from elsewhere in the UK and who are unfamiliar with the capital and what it offers in the way of schools and education.
ii) living in London already but are unfamiliar with what it offers in the way of schools and education.
The principal features of The London School Service are:
- an initial meeting with an expert education consultant or, if you are abroad, an extensive Skype or telephone consultation. This meeting/consultation will enable you to discuss your questions and concerns and allow you and your consultant to exchange essential and helpful information.
- the consultant can introduce you to the different areas of London, explain what they offer from residential, transport, commuting and educational points of view. The consultant will have local knowledge of outside school activities and services eg classes in ballet, sports, drama, music.
- the consultant will explain the state (free) and independent (fee-paying systems) and the range of provision in both systems to be found in the capital. She will also explain the different methods of application to these schools.
- the consultant will be able to advise about bi-lingual education where available and appropriate.
- the consultant will be able to introduce you to trusted local educational professionals eg educational psychologists, special needs experts, tutors, therapists.
- we have a partnership with one of the most prestigious property finding companies in the UK. If you need to buy or rent a new home do let us know. At no cost to you, our partner will listen to what you want for your new family home, will research and suggest property options to you and accompany you when you view them. If you decide to rent or buy all costs are borne by the vendor. Do let us know if you would like to be introduced to our property partner.
- the consultant will be able to arrange tutoring for your children – either here or in your home country to help prepare your children to take competitive entrance examinations. We work with top London tutor agencies and personally introduce you to the company best able to supply the right tutor for your child.
We also work with a trusted company of friendly and professional life coaches who provide valuable emotional and practical support to help you settle more quickly into your new home and area.
You will also receive complimentary copies of The Good Schools Guide to London Schools volume 1 (North) and 2 (South).
(normal price £18 per volume from our shop)
The London School Service how does it work?
You may like to meet your consultant face to face before deciding whether or not to take up a full service. We are happy to arrange Welcome Meeting for you. The fee is £300 but this is deducted from your London Service fee if you go ahead with the full service within three months.
After the initial meeting/consultation, the consultant will work with you to find the best possible schools for your children according to your preferences and requirements. She will be available to you at every stage of the process until the school places have been achieved.
Unlike education "agents" we take no fee from any school we recommend to you. Schools we find for you are based solely on what you tell us you want for your child.
How much does it cost?
The London School Service costs £2,750. The fee covers three and a half days of an consultant’s time – to be spread over days/weeks/months as needed up to one year. The consultant has, at all times, the knowledge, expertise and experience of the entire team to draw on.
Additional charges are made for:
- The education consultant meeting you overseas if you wish – costs and expenses to be agreed.
- An interpreter can be provided in many languages at the initial and subsequent meetings if required.
- Academic assessments of your children’s English, maths and reasoning skills to help you judge how they would fare in competitive entrance examinations to London schools. See * below.
- Accompanying you on school visits or visiting on your behalf. This is charged at £500 per day.
- Additional hours for eg research are charged at £150 per hour.
As always, our consultants take the same care over finding schools for your children as they would for their own.
*Your consultant may suggest an assessment. This can serve various purposes but principally:
- i) to help you judge how your child would fare in competitive entrance examinations.
- ii) to help your consultant judge the type of school which will best suit your child.
Click here to read more about assessments.
Our admin team can answer any questions about assessments: please contact us at: email@example.com or 0203 286 6824 or +44 203 286 6824 from overseas