Article published 17th April 2013
Earn UCAS points with ASDAN qualifications
An educational charity, ASDAN currently works with approximately 6000 educational centres around the globe and with learners of all ages from primary to post 16 and beyond. Although ASDAN programmes are generally organized through registered centres, it is sometimes possible for individuals students to complete some awards through distance learning. Details available on request.
ASDAN Education is a UK-based awarding body which specialises in developing skills for learning, skills for employment and skills for life.
- At post-16 level ASDAN prepares students in both state and independent schools for university and the world of work, developing vital skills such as those of leadership, presentation and research.
- ASDAN offers both curriculum awards and qualifications; with up to 70 UCAS points available through these programmes. They also have a range of programmes especially designed to recognise the skills and achievements of children and young people with special educational needs.
- Students are encouraged to use the activity-based learning programmes alongside their academic studies and recent research shows the overall benefits of such an approach.
- ASDAN works in partnership with other high-level organisations such as World Challenge, the Lord Mayor’s Show and UK Flagship, which encourage young people to develop independent learning skills through participation in enterprise programmes, volunteering events and global travel.
- The Certificate of Personal Effectiveness is the most popular of ASDAN’s suite of qualifications, offering a range of diverse curriculum models and specific high-level skill development for post-16 students.
- The Excelsis Award is a new programme aimed at the Independent sector as well as international schools, offering certification for extra-curricular activities as well as gifted and talented courses.
For more information please see >www.asdan.org.uk