- Letter from the editor Editor Kate Hilpern welcomes you to the new year issue of Chalk & Chat
- Bringing science and engineering to life Which British schools stand out when it comes teaching STEM in innovative ways?
- Head to head Should schools have transgender policies?
- Gifted children Henna Patel tells us about the ups and downs of raising a gifted child
- How to… question a school policy Justine East learned the hard way how not to do it, so she asked headteacher Chris Pyle what she should have done
- Travel: the UK’s quietest, child-friendly beachesWant the sand, but not the crowds? Follow our special British beach guide
- Travel: Sardinia
- Let’s move to… Cheshire
- Go ahead, swear in front of the kids
- Educational dilemmas The Good Schools Guide’s Susan Hamlyn provides advice for a parent whose nine-year-old hates reading
- The 10 best: parenting books Our pick of the best parenting books that inform and entertain, without being overly prescriptive
- Did you know? Check out our curious facts from the world of education
- Book corner Emma Lee-Potter reviews the best books for kids for the year ahead
- Pathological Demand Avoidance Bernadette John on why ‘Just do as you’re told!’ won’t cut it for some kids
- 11+ revision courses – kind or cruel? Does your child really need one?
The Good Schools Guide newsletter
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.