The Good Schools Guide Boarding Book
Boarding, twenty-first century style, is flourishing. The number of families choosing boarding schools for their children is increasing and the decision to board is, as often as not, made by children themselves. This book, our first dedicated to boarding schools, contains over 350 of The Good Schools Guide’s highly informative and famously frank reviews. Every single school has been visited by our writers; we check out everything from dorms to food and weekend activities. We also speak to parents and, most important of all, pupils.
The guide is compact enough to read in bed or tuck into a large pocket, yet still packed with maps, reviews, articles and colour photographs. Whether parents are interested in big names, local treasures, state boarding schools or country preps, this is their unbiased guide to all that’s best in British boarding.
- In-depth and unbiased reviews of 350+ prep and senior schools from Cornwall to Scotland
- Includes top state and independent boarding schools
- Impartial and invaluable advice on all aspects of boarding education
- Content includes facilities, pastoral care, weekend activities
- What type of boarding - full, weekly or flexi?
- Contains information for international families