North London Collegiate School A GSG School
- North London Collegiate School
- Head: Mrs B McCabe
- T 020 8952 0912
- F 020 8951 1391
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.nlcs.org.uk
- A mainstream independent school for girls aged from 4 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Harrow
- Pupils: 1,343
- Religion: Non-denominational
- Fees: £18,507 pa
- Open days: One in the autumn term, plus School In Action days. See website for information.
- Review: View the Good Schools Guide Review
- ISI report: View the ISI report
- Linked schools: North London Collegiate School Junior School
What the Good Schools Guide says..
Though the school is academic and fast-paced, it’s not pushy. There are no academic rankings or prizes below the sixth form, for example. That said, a girl who doesn’t tick along at the same speed could be less content. ‘The...
What the school says...
North London Collegiate School is recognised as one of the highest achieving schools in the country. This success can be attributed to our commitment to attaining the highest standards for all and the confidence and self belief we aim to nurture in each girl in a caring, inclusive and dynamic environment.
We are one of the historic schools of England. Founded by the great Victorian education pioneer, Frances Mary Buss, the school has provided an exceptional education for girls for over 150 years. ...Read more
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking Biology at an English Independent School (IBO Standard level component)
- Best performance by Girls taking Music at an English Independent School (Cambridge International Certificate Level 1/Level 2)
International Baccalaureate: diploma - the diploma is the familiar A-level equivalent.
What The Good Schools Guide saysThough the school is academic and fast-paced, it’s not pushy. There are no academic rankings or prizes below the sixth form, for example. That said, a girl who doesn’t tick along at the same speed could be less content. ‘The academic stuff is just baseline,’ said one parent. ‘They’re expected to get involved in clubs, societies, music, sport and community service.’
Since 1997, Bernice McCabe BA MBA FRSA (60s). Mrs McCabe grew up in Bristol, where she was educated at Clifton High School (‘What I loved about my school was that it showed me the possibility I could do anything; it was very much modelled on North London') and Bristol University, where she studied English. Taught at a number of co-ed comprehensives in Bristol and London, including The Heathland School in Hounslow, before becoming head