- Chessington Community College
- Head: Mr Ash Ali Bsc (Hons), Pgce
- T 020 8974 1156
- F 020 8974 2603
- E contactus@ccc.…ingston.sch.uk
- W www.chessingto…ycollege.co.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Kingston-Upon-Thames
- Pupils: 565
- Religion: Does not apply
- Current Ofsted grade: Good on 7th November 2014
- Previous Ofsted grade: Requires improvement on 13th December 2012
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Chessington Community College
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Excellent performance by Boys taking Film Studies at an English Comprehensive School (GCE A level)
- Best performance by Boys taking Film Studies at an English Comprehensive School (GCE AS level)
2016 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking Sports Studies at an English Comprehensive School (BTEC First Award)
Special Education Needs
The college has a comprehensive intake but with a high proportion of students with low attainment in reading and writing skills. The large number of students with statements allows for a more extensive, than usual, amount of in- class support in the core and foundation subjects. There is an effective reading programme for those whose reading does not allow them to access a secondary curriculum. There is small group teaching for spelling, handwriting, basic numeracy, behaviour management, speech and language difficulties and social skills.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders||Y|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class||Y|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|