The Lady Eleanor Holles School A GSG School
- The Lady Eleanor Holles School
- Head: Mrs Heather Hanbury
- T 020 8979 1601
- F 020 8941 8291
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.lehs.org.uk
- A mainstream independent school for girls aged from 11 to 18 with a linked junior school
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Richmond-Upon-Thames
- Pupils: 700
- Religion: Christian Inter-denominational
- Fees: £18,945 pa
- Open days: Contact the Registrar or visit the website for dates
- Review: View The Good Schools Guide Review
- ISI report: View the ISI report
- Linked schools: The Lady Eleanor Holles Junior School
What The Good Schools Guide says..
Exceptionally focused and purposeful atmosphere, in which girls are constantly reminded that they can do anything if they put their minds to it, with the school excelling in giving them the tools to achieve that. The girls work incredible hard,...
What the school says...
The Lady Eleanor Holles School is one of the country's most distinguished girls' schools. Located in Hampton, Middlesex, on the outskirts of south-west London, we balance opportunities for outstanding scholarship with impressive achievements in sport and exciting creativity in arts.
With superb facilities, we offer bright girls a well-rounded and challenging education in a very happy, purposeful environment, preparing them for higher education and their future lives. The school stands on a wonderful 23 acre site, the building surrounded by gardens and playing fields. This spacious environment allows a great range of outdoor sporting activities and has also enabled us to build numerous extensions to enhance our facilities.
Pastoral care has a high priority at the school, and staff are committed to promoting the welfare and happiness of each girl. Up to 20% of each year group may proceed to university at Oxford or Cambridge; the majority go on to universities which belong to the prestigious Russell Group. ...Read more
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking Logic / Philosophy at an English Independent School (GCE A level)
- Best performance by Girls taking Latin at an English Independent School (GCE A level)
- Best performance by Girls taking Logic / Philosophy at an English Independent School (GCE AS level)
- Best performance by Girls taking German at an English Independent School (GCSE)
All-through school (for example 3-18 years). - An all-through school covers junior and senior education. It may start at 3 or 4, or later, and continue through to 16 or 18. Some all-through schools set exams at 11 or 13 that pupils must pass to move on.
What The Good Schools Guide saysExceptionally focused and purposeful atmosphere, in which girls are constantly reminded that they can do anything if they put their minds to it, with the school excelling in giving them the tools to achieve that. The girls work incredible hard, but they play hard too, and we found the school’s reputation as being a hothouse to be both unfair and ….
Since September 2014, Heather Hanbury, previously head of Wimbledon High. MA Edinburgh, MSc Cambridge in geography then land economy. Prior to teaching, she spent nine years working in various management consultancy roles in the City, then as a corporate fundraiser – ‘real world’ experience that both pupils and parents value. Moved into teaching because she was so frequently told she ‘should’ – ‘but I initially resisted it because I don't like to do the expected,’...
Careers intervention used by this School
|Future Foundations||McKinsey Leadership Academy: practical work skills, networking, leadership etc etc|