King Edward VI Camp Hill School for Girls A GSG School
- King Edward VI Camp Hill School for Girls
- Head: Mrs Linda Johnson
- T 01214 442150
- F 01214 445123
- E email@example.com
- W www.kechg.org.uk
- A mainstream state school for girls aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Birmingham
- Pupils: 1021
- Religion: Non-denominational
- Review: View The Good Schools Guide Review
- Current Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 3rd May 2007
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 3rd May 2007
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What The Good Schools Guide says..
We witnessed some astonishingly lively and inspirational teaching and as one of the pupils we met said, 'There is always such a buzz and excited atmosphere. The teachers are brilliant and such fun.'...
What the school says...
Entrance examinations consist of: 11 1st test - verbal and numerical reasoning. 2nd test - non-verbal reasoning. No interview.
Sample papers available commercially.
For help with revision visit www.11plusenglish.com
Converted to an academy 2011.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking Geography at an English Grammar School (GCSE)
- Best performance by Girls taking Religious Studies at an English Grammar School (GCSE)
- Best performance by Girls taking Design & Technology Graphic Products at an English Grammar School (GCSE)
State grammar school
What The Good Schools Guide saysWe witnessed some astonishingly lively and inspirational teaching and as one of the pupils we met said, 'There is always such a buzz and excited atmosphere. The teachers are brilliant and such fun.'
Since 2012 and after nine years as deputy head, Mrs Linda Johnson. Previously spells at Yardley and Sutton Coldfield, ‘but this is the place for me. I love it here.’ Says she was surprised to be advised to apply for the headship, and even more surprised to be awarded it. The crown sits lightly. Parents and pupils alike speak of her approachability and friendliness, though ‘she’s no pushover,’ said a father admiringly. On the website Mrs Johnson writes with a refreshing lack of jargon, ‘the students who leave us should be feisty, caring, confident young women.’ ‘She’s a superb role model,’ a mother...
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is based on actual school admissions September 2011 to August 2014. Data from the school year September 2014 to August 2015 is not yet available.