Wolverhampton Girls' High School A GSG School
- Wolverhampton Girls' High School
- Head: Mrs Trudi Young
- T 01902 551515
- F 01902 328770
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.wghs.org.uk
- A mainstream state school for girls aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Wolverhampton
- Pupils: 839
- Religion: Non-denominational
- Open days: 18th, 19th and 20th April 2016 for 2017 Year 7 Entry
- Review: View the Good Schools Guide Review
- Current Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 3rd September 2009
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 28th February 2006
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
Sign up for extra content from Wolverhampton Girls' High School
What the Good Schools Guide says...
This is the school where the Right Honourable Baroness Heyhoe Flint, the greatest woman cricketer of all time, learned to play the game. She was also, incidentally, an international hockey player. Teachers were in full flight – none more so than a language teacher who seemed to be speaking simultaneously in three languages - and there was a real buzz about the place....Read more
What the school says...
Entrance examination age 11 consists of 3 tests: maths, Verbal and Non-verbal reasoning.
Entry at 16: Dependent on achieving certain grades at GCSE.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
State grammar school
Subscribe now for instant access to read The Good Schools Guide review.
Already subscribed? Login here.
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.