Wirral Grammar School for Girls
- Wirral Grammar School for Girls
- T 01516 448282
- F 01516 431332
- E info@wirralgra….wirral.sch.uk
- W www.wirralgram….wirral.sch.uk
- A mainstream state school for girls aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Wirral
- Pupils: 1068
- Religion: Non-denominational
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Entrance examination consists of: 11 2x verbal reasoning.
Past papers available upon request.
Converted to an academy 2011.
What the parents say...
No comments received for Wirral Grammar School for Girls
Do you know this school?
Please login to post a comment.
Good Schools Guide Awards
- Winner of the 2014 Good Schools Guide Award for Excellence at an English Grammar School for Girls taking Creative writing (GCE AS level)
- Winner of the 2014 Good Schools Guide Award for Excellence at an English Grammar School for Girls taking D&T textiles technology (GCE AS level)
- Winner of the 2014 Good Schools Guide Award for Excellence at an English Grammar School for Girls taking English language (GCE A level)
- Winner of the 2014 Good Schools Guide Award for Excellence at an English Grammar School for Girls taking English language (GCE AS level)
OFSTED Outstanding school - This school has been named as an outstanding School in HMCI of Schools Annual Report. England only - does not include ISI inspected schools.
State Grammar School
Subscribe now for instant access
For instant access to available data including catchment area maps and a host of other benefits, please purchase a subscription to the Good Schools Guide.
Already subscribed? Login here.
Special Education Needs
We have excellent provision for the visually impaired as we are the designated school in our area for female pupils who have passed the 11+ examination. We have good access for pupils in wheelchairs; there are lifts and platform lifts to all areas of the school. In our most recent Ofsted report, the overall evaluation stated: 'Procedures for identifying and making provision for gifted and talented pupils and the few with special educational needs, are exemplary.' Because of our status as a grammar school, we have no pupils with learning difficulties and only a very few pupils with mild specific learning difficulties.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders||Y|
|BESD - Behaviour, Emotional and Social Difficulty|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular monthly newsletter