Oldham Hulme Grammar Schools
- Oldham Hulme Grammar Schools
- Head: Dr P G NEESON
- T 0161 624 4497
- F 01616 200234
- E email@example.com
- W www.hulme-gram…g.uk/home1.htm
- A mainstream independent school for pupils aged from 3 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Oldham
- Pupils: 836
- Religion: None
- Fees: Senior £8,580; Junior school/kindergarten £6,285 pa
- ISI report: View the ISI report
- Linked schools: Oldham Hulme Preparatory Schools
What the school says...
At Oldham Hulme Grammar Schools, our results are great and this mirrors our grammar school tradition. However, these results are meaningless without a flavour of what our school represents and how its culture and ethos permeate every child that is educated here.
Hulme has its roots back in 1611 when the school was first founded. It has undergone several transformations since then and now provides modern education but still has embedded within this our traditional values for ages from 3 through to 18. Ethnically and socially diverse, we are one of few diamond structure schools where at the nursery and sixth form ends of the spectrum, education is fully co-ed, whereas in between, the pupils are single sex educated yet mix outside of the classroom.
All round education is an important mantra of ours. We are not a hot house, rather we take the child and nurture them to fulfill their true potential. Just a cursory look at some of our notable alumni shows a rich mix of varied talent: Professor Brian Cox (physicist); John Stapleton (TV presenter); Sarah Lancashire (actress); David Nott (MSF surgeon); Nedum Onuoha (premiership footballer); and Nicola White (full England hockey) to name a few.
We are responsive to our pupils and engage in a proper dialogue to understand their needs and aspirations, whilst maintaining our high standards. It is no accident that we recently introduced A-level Dance due to student demand and this is now flourishing as a subject at sixth form.
If you take a look around our school, you will find the usual mix of new and old buildings. Yet there is a magical atmosphere and generosity of spirit which can only be appreciated by being here. Our numbers are good but our values are even better. Come and take a look for yourselves!...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for Oldham Hulme Grammar Schools
Do you know this school?
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking General Studies at an English Independent School (GCE A level)
- Best performance by Boys taking Biology at an English Independent School (GCE AS level)
- Excellent performance by Girls taking Business Studies: Single at an English Independent School (GCE AS level)
- Best performance by Boys taking Psychology at an English Independent School (GCE AS level)
- Best performance by Boys taking English Literature at an English Independent School (GCE AS level)
- Best performance by Boys taking General Studies at an English Independent School (GCE AS level)
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.