Bradford Girls' Grammar School A GSG School
- Bradford Girls' Grammar School
- Head: Mrs Matthews
- T 01274 545395
- F 01274 482595
- E email@example.com
- W www.bggs.com
- A mainstream state school for girls aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Bradford
- Pupils: 658
- Religion: Not Applicable
- Open days: October, April
- Review: View The Good Schools Guide Review
- Current Ofsted grade: Good on 25th June 2015
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 25th June 2015
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
- ISI report: View the ISI report
- Linked schools: Lady Royd Primary
What The Good Schools Guide says..
There was a very long queue to register for places right down the school driveway and beyond when it was announced, in 2013, that this longstanding traditional girls’ school was to become a free school. Whilst now hugely oversubscribed, they...
What the school says...
The entrance examination for Bradford Girls' Grammar School at 11+ consists of: Maths, English and verbal reasoning (VR). Becoming an all-through free school from September 2013.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2016 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking Biology at an English Grammar School (Edexcel Certificates)
- Best performance by Girls taking Chemistry at an English Grammar School (Edexcel Certificates)
- Best performance by Girls taking Physics at an English Grammar School (Edexcel Certificates)
What The Good Schools Guide saysThere was a very long queue to register for places right down the school driveway and beyond when it was announced, in 2013, that this longstanding traditional girls’ school was to become a free school. Whilst now hugely oversubscribed, they have managed the transition extremely well, updating where necessary whilst wisely hanging on to the traditions and values...
Since 2009, Mrs Kathryn Matthews BSc (40s), educated at Loreto Grammar School in Manchester, then maths and an MA in education at Leeds University. Taught maths at London Oratory; deputy head at Gateways School, Leeds. ISI team inspector and governor at Westbourne Prep in Sheffield. Married with adult children. Enjoys theatre, visiting art galleries, reading and rugby union. Warm and approachable, she is both incisive and refreshingly honest; parents tell us she is absolutely key in retaining their...