- Woodkirk Academy
- Head: Mrs Joe Barton Bmus(Hons) Ma Npqh
- T 0113 887 3600
- F 01132 526456
- E headteacher@wo…k.leeds.sch.uk
- W www.woodkirkacademy.co.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Leeds
- Pupils: 1876
- Religion: Does not apply
- Current Ofsted grade: Good on 14th November 2013
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 20th January 2011
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Converted to an academy 2011.
Woodkirk is a large and expanding school in the south of the City close to the borders with Wakefield and Kirklees. There are 1800+ students on roll including 230 in post sixteen education. The school has excellent facilities for specialist teaching including a Drama Studio, Sports Hall, ICT suites and a Learning Resources Centre opened in December 2002. Woodkirk has a high reputation locally as a well ordered and positive community where pupil behaviour and discipline are of the highest order. It is regarded as successful in terms of academic and non-academic achievements, the quality of teaching and learning, a wide range of opportunities and a vibrant cultural life. Traditionally it has been strongly led, has high calibre staff and is supported by pupils, parents and the community. Students are acknowledged to be confident, friendly and helpful. The number of students gaining 5 A*-C grades at GCSE has steadily increased from 40% (1977) to 57% (2002). The school is heavily over-subscribed. ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for Woodkirk Academy
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Use of Mathematics at an English Comprehensive School (GCE AS level)
- Best performance by Boys taking Modelling with Calculus at an English Comprehensive School (Free standing Maths Qual Level 3)
- Best performance by Girls taking Modelling with Calculus at an English Comprehensive School (Free standing Maths Qual Level 3)