Royal Grammar School (Newcastle) A GSG School
- Royal Grammar School (Newcastle)
Newcastle upon Tyne
- T 01912 815711
- F 01912 120392
- E admissions@rgs…wcastle.sch.uk
- W www.rgs.newcastle.sch.uk
- A mainstream independent school for pupils aged from 7 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Pupils: 1277
- Religion: Non-denominational
- Fees: £9,810 - £11,643 pa
- Open days: A Saturday in mid-November.
- Review: View the Good Schools Guide Review
- ISI report: View the ISI report
Sign up for extra content from Royal Grammar School (Newcastle)
What the Good Schools Guide says...
Apparently there is ‘aspiration in the water here’ or so we are told. Long-standing habits of excellence across the board mean that RGS has long been, and probably always will be, seriously over-subscribed, ‘there’s comfort in its history,’ say parents. The heavy glossy magazine that is the annual review at RGS goes bold this year – En Pointe! – complete with ballet dancers in tutus: a shocker of a headline to those who think this is still an all boys’ establishment.
What the school says...
Main co-ed entry points are at ages 7, 9, 11 and sixth form. Entrance examinations consist of: 11: English, maths & VR followed by an interview. At 16 students are assessed individually.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Excellent performance by Girls taking Chemistry at an English Independent School (GCE A level)
Subscribe now for instant access to read The Good Schools Guide review.
Already subscribed? Login here.
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.