Ripon Grammar School A GSG School
- Ripon Grammar School
- Head: Mr Martin L Pearman
- T 01765 602647
- F 01765 606388
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.ripongrammar.co.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: Yes
- Local authority: North Yorkshire
- Pupils: 919
- Religion: Non-denominational
- Fees: Boarding £9,570- £10,575 pa. Day - free
- Open days: July for first year entrants. January for sixth form applicants.
- Review: View The Good Schools Guide Review
- Current Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 2nd September 2012
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 6th April 2009
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What The Good Schools Guide says..
Pupils friendly, courteous, articulate and insightful; confident not arrogant, with a real pride in their school. Lots of heads up, eye contact and smiles as you walk around. This is a can do, will do school – pupils talk ............
What the school says...
The quality of the education, the national reputation of Ripon Grammar School and the fact that boarding exists means that the school provides exceptional value for money as the only state boarding school in Yorkshire. The facilities around the school are very good with a new sports hall, climbing wall, sixth form centre, mathematics and engineering block and new music blocK.The level of interest in the school is increases year by year resulting in the school being heavily oversubscribed at all age groups. The atmosphere at school can only be realised by visiting and is characterised by a sense of purpose, mutual respect and pride in being part of the community. ...Read more
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Art & Design (Fine Art) at an English Grammar School (GCSE)
- Best performance by Girls taking Art & Design (Fine Art) at an English Grammar School (GCSE)
- Excellent performance by Girls taking French at an English Grammar School (GCSE)
2016 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking Astronomy at an English Grammar School (GCSE Full Course)
- Best performance by Girls taking Art & Design (Fine Art) at an English Grammar School (GCSE Full Course)
State boarding school
State grammar school
What The Good Schools Guide saysPupils friendly, courteous, articulate and insightful; confident not arrogant, with a real pride in their school. Lots of heads up, eye contact and smiles as you walk around. This is a can do, will do school – pupils talk .........
Since 2004, Mr Martin Pearman (pronounced Pierman) MA (mid 50s). Read chemistry at Oxford, taught previously at Bristol GS, Merchiston Castle, Stamford and Woodhouse Grove, where he was deputy head. Three sons, all attended his school. Staff positive about their head and his method of gradual, thoughtful change. 'It's the atmosphere in this school which sets it apart', he told us. 'The quality of relationships between staff and students is better than in any school I've worked in'. Parents like that the head is very evident in school and approachable – some sixth form chemistry teaching.
3rd editions of Good Schools Guide - London North and South now available, all entries fully revised with 2016 results. Buy now...