Chesham Grammar School A GSG School
- Chesham Grammar School
- Head: Ms Annmarie McNaney Ba Hons
- T 01494 782854
- F 01494 775414
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.cheshamgrammar.org
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Buckinghamshire
- Pupils: 1260
- Religion: Does not apply
- Review: View The Good Schools Guide Review
- Current Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 13th March 2014
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 2nd December 2009
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What The Good Schools Guide says..
In the south Bucks microcosm of pushy parents, competitive children and a focus on academic excellence at any cost, here you will also find an overwhelmingly kind, nurturing and in many ways relaxed school, coupled with a clear focus on...
What the school says...
Entrance examination consists of CEM 11+ test administered on behalf of all Bucks grammar schools by local authority.
Previously Chesham High School, converted to an academy 2011.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Art & Design at an English Grammar School (GCE AS level)
- Best performance by Girls taking Home Economics: Food at an English Grammar School (GCSE)
2016 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking English Language at an English Grammar School (Cambridge Int Certificate Level 1/Level 2)
Cambridge Pre-U - an alternative to A levels, with all exams at the end of the two-year course.
State grammar school
Equestrian centre or equestrian team - school has own equestrian centre or an equestrian team.
What The Good Schools Guide saysIn the south Bucks microcosm of pushy parents, competitive children and a focus on academic excellence at any cost, here you will also find an overwhelmingly kind, nurturing and in many ways relaxed school, coupled with a clear focus on excellence and getting pupils to achieve their very best. Steadily climbing the local academic ladder without having to jeopardise its pupils’ happiness - in the words of one parent: ‘I decided I wanted my daughter to come out of school with her mental health intact...'
Since 2015 Miss Annmarie McNaney (50) BA PGCE. Educated in Coventry and at the University of Bristol where she read theology and sociology. Having sworn never to follow her mother’s footsteps into teaching, she nonetheless stayed in Bristol to do a PGCE ‘just to fall back on.’ Bitten hard by the...