The Thomas Hardye School A GSG School
- The Thomas Hardye School
- Head: Mr Michael Foley
- T 01305 266064
- F 01305 250510
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.thomas-hardye.net
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 13 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Dorset
- Pupils: 2,150
- Religion: Non-denominational
- Review: View the Good Schools Guide Review
- Current Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 20th March 2015
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 17th October 2007
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
Sign up for extra content from The Thomas Hardye School
What the Good Schools Guide says...
Despite its size the atmosphere is calm and purposeful, no rushing about or chaotic corridors. ‘It’s quite a grown-up sort of place,’ agreed one of our young guides. ‘We don’t have a lot of rules,’ the head told us. ‘We give pupils a degree of responsibility and they respond to that...'...Read more
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Excellent performance by Girls taking Health & Social Care at an English Comprehensive School (Applied GCE AS level Double Award)
- Best performance by Girls taking History at an English Comprehensive School (IBO Standard level component)
- Best performance by Girls taking History at an English Comprehensive School (IBO Higher level component)
- Best performance by Girls taking Home Economics: Food at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
- Excellent performance by Boys taking Home Economics: Food at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
International Baccalaureate: diploma - the diploma is the familiar A-level equivalent.
Subscribe now for instant access to read The Good Schools Guide review.
Already subscribed? Login here.
Special Education Needs
The school uses the title Education Extra for its special needs provision, believing this does not label the relevant students. The SENCO and Flexible Learning Coordinator (also with SENCO experience) work with two other full-time teachers and a number of teaching assistants. The school has a number of young people with physical disabilities. It also has a learning support teacher and Unit for students with speech and language difficulties. Students are not withdrawn from class unless this is linked to a requirement of a statement. Students work with Teaching Assistants and their peers in the classroom. Our students in Education Extra achieve exceptional results and many of them enter the sixth form. The school became one of only four schools nationally to be designated a Special Needs Specialist School in 2007. This has provided extra resources, expertise and further national profile, 10-09
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Aspergers Syndrome [archived]|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders [archived]|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|Delicate Medical Problems [archived]|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class||Y|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.