Eastbourne College A GSG School
- Eastbourne College
Old Wish Road
- Head: Mr Tom Lawson MA
- T 01323 452323
- F 01323 452307
- E admissions@eas…-college.co.uk
- W www.eastbourne-college.co.uk
- A mainstream independent school for pupils aged from 13 to 18
- Boarding: Yes
- Local authority: East Sussex
- Pupils: 638
- Religion: Church of England
- Fees: Day £21,390 - £21,750; Boarding £32,625 - £33,000 pa
- Open days: October, March and June
- Review: View The Good Schools Guide Review
- ISI report: View the ISI report
What The Good Schools Guide says..
A school for families who take joy in what they kids become rather than pride in what they’ve made of them. Bespoke timetables backed up by outstanding pastoral care make for happy and stimulated kids who work and play hard....
What the school says...
Eastbourne College is a co-educational boarding school with equal numbers of day and boarding pupils. An Eastbourne College education develops pupils academically, broadens their experience outside the classroom, inculcates agreed values and prepares them to play an effective role in society. The school is a community in which staff, pupils and their parents are wholly involved in the full-boarding life of the College. ...Read more
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Excellent performance by Girls taking Design & Technology Product Design at an English Independent School (GCE A level)
2016 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking French at an English Independent School (Level1/2 certificates)
What The Good Schools Guide saysA school for families who take joy in what they kids become rather than pride in what they’ve made of them. Bespoke timetables backed up by outstanding pastoral care make for happy and stimulated kids who work and play hard.
Since September 2016, Thomas Lawson (40s), previously deputy head at Christ's Hospital. PPE degree from Oxford; taught economics and humanities at Winchester for 15 years, where he was also a housemaster, and under master for two years. His wife, Jessica, is also a teacher, and they have two young children.
Everyone starts with a wide sweep of subjects, tasting everything until they settle down to GCSE choices; can take a selection of French, German, Spanish, Latin and Greek. Parents say not the place for the brightest of the bright but meets the needs of the very...