Northease Manor School A GSG School
- Northease Manor School
- Head: Mrs Carmen Harvey-Browne
- T 01273 472915
- F 01273 472202
- E pa2headteacher…orthease.co.uk
- W www.northease.co.uk
- A special independent school for pupils aged from 10 to 18 with specific learning difficulties including dyslexia, dyspraxia, and dyscalculia; also ADD and social communication difficulties
- Boarding: Yes
- Local authority: East Sussex
- Pupils: 91
- Religion: Christian Inter-denominational
- Fees: Day £20,817; Boarding £28,329 pa
- Open days: June and October
- Review: View the Good Schools Guide Review
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
Sign up for extra content from Northease Manor School
What the Good Schools Guide says...
Aim is light support rather than marshmallow pillow, though this is a natural stamping (or clucking) ground for mother hen types whose unobtrusive lunchtime presence (required for fair few who require encouragement here, as in other areas) can translate to rapid response where necessary. This reviewer was gently guided away from table when one child was......Read more
What the school says...
We cater for potentially able students with Specific Learning Difficulties. Providing support for individuals who are dyslexic, dyscalculic, dyspraxic and who may also have ADD and Social and Communication difficulties.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Cookery Domestic at an English Independent School (BTEC Award Level 2)
- Best performance by Girls taking Sports Leadership at an English Independent School (VRQ Level 1)
Subscribe now for instant access to read The Good Schools Guide review.
Already subscribed? Login here.
Special Education Needs
We are a school that caters for able pupils with a primary diagnosis of specific learning difficulties: dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia. In addition, some pupils may have associated special needs.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Aspergers Syndrome [archived]|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders [archived]|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia||Y|
|Delicate Medical Problems [archived]|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class||Y|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.