- Hove Park School and Sixth Form Centre
- Head: Mr Rob Reed
- T 01273 295000
- F 01273 295009
- E admin@hovepark…on-hove.sch.uk
- W www.hovepark.b…on-hove.sch.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Brighton and Hove
- Pupils: 1655
- Religion: Does not apply
- Current Ofsted grade: Good on 2nd August 2013
- Previous Ofsted grade: Satisfactory on 2nd April 2010
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Hove Park School and Sixth Form Centre
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Excellent performance by Boys taking Travel & Tourism at an English Comprehensive School (Applied GCE A level Single Award)
2016 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking Italian at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE Full Course)
Special Education Needs
The school maintains an SEN Record. All pupils are supported in line with the Code of Practice issued by the DFES. The school has students with a variety of SEN eg SpLD, Autism, Speech and Language difficulties, EBSD, VI, HI, MLD, medical, physical etc. Students are supported in a variety of ways eg in-class, small group and individual withdrawal. The school is working towards implementing the 'Every Child Matters' policy and promotes inclusion.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders||Y|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|