- The Wellington Academy
- Head: Dr Michael Milner
- T 01264 405060
- F 01264 405040
- E admin@thewelli…academy.org.uk
- W www.thewelling…academy.org.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 11 to 19
- Boarding: Yes
- Local authority: Wiltshire
- Pupils: 968
- Religion: Does not apply
- Fees: available on request
- Open days: Please contact The Acdemy for a tour
- Current Ofsted grade: Good on 16th March 2016
- Previous Ofsted grade: Requires improvement on 16th January 2014
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Opened September 2009, replaced Castledown School. A state boarding school - takes up to 100 full, weekly or flexi-boarders.
What the parents say...
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Excellent performance by Boys taking Drama & Theatre Studies at an English Comprehensive School (GCE A level)
- Excellent performance by Boys taking Drama & Theatre Studies at an English Comprehensive School (GCE AS level)
State boarding school
Special Education Needs
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders||Y|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)||Y|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class||Y|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|