Edgbarrow School A GSG School
- Edgbarrow School
- Head: Mr Robert Elsey
- T 01344 772658
- F 01344 776623
- E secretary@edgb…owschool.co.uk
- W www.edgbarrowschool.co.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Bracknell Forest
- Pupils: 1,369
- Religion: Non-denominational
- Review: View the Good Schools Guide Review
- Current Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 21st January 2009
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 12th January 2005
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the Good Schools Guide says..
Huge friendliness of the place is a hallmark: if there were any jobsworths, they’ve been weeded out, judging by knowledge of how the school works and alacrity with which we were put through to right person – and no automated...
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2016 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Business Studies at an English Comprehensive School (BTEC First Award)
What The Good Schools Guide saysHuge friendliness of the place is a hallmark: if there were any jobsworths, they’ve been weeded out, judging by knowledge of how the school works and alacrity with which we were put through to right person – and no automated switchboard, either. This is a school tangibly operated by real people for the benefit of real students...
Since 1999, Mr Robert (Bob) Elsey BA (50s), following 10 years at wildly successful Charters School, Ascot, as head of faculty, assistant head and deputy head. Trained as DT teacher (and still takes some classes), first post at Haydon School, Pinner where rapidly promoted to head of year before taking advisory role for Barnet education authority.
He’s ‘big hearted, community spirited, a true bloke who tries to do a lot because knows