Charters School A GSG School
- Charters School
- Head: Mr Parker and Mr Pilgrim
- T 01344 624826
- F 01344 875182
- E charters@chart…sschool.org.uk
- W www.chartersschool.org.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Windsor and Maidenhead
- Pupils: 1617
- Religion: Non-denominational
- Review: View The Good Schools Guide Review
- Current Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 5th November 2009
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 12th December 2006
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What The Good Schools Guide says..
Highly regarded by locals throughout its history, the school exudes purpose, cordiality and calm. All the students we spoke to said that they'd made plenty of friends here and that it was a very welcoming place. 'The people are open...
What the school says...
Converted to an academy 2012
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Acting: Music Theatre at an English Comprehensive School (BTEC Certificate Level 3)
- Best performance by Boys taking PE / Sports Studies at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
What The Good Schools Guide saysHighly regarded by locals throughout its history, the school exudes purpose, cordiality and calm. All the students we spoke to said that they'd made plenty of friends here and that it was a very welcoming place. 'The people are open and friendly here'; 'The teachers help you get to know people'
Since 2009, Mr Martyn Parker and Mr Richard Pilgrim (50s). Appointed as deputy heads at Charters in 2000, they worked together so well that when the previous head, Dame Marcia Twelftree, retired, they decided to apply for the headship as a team. The result is a highly successful partnership, liked and respected by pupils and parents alike, who describe them as 'involved, approachable, very supportive'.
Richard Pilgrim, who also teaches physics here, has been at Charters 29 years and proudly declares,...
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.
Already subscribed? Login here.
Careers intervention used by this School
|Adviza||Careers information, advice & guidance|